Terms and Conditions of YO PLACE Membership
YO PLACE is a membership-based loyalty programme platform operated by The Greater Bay Area Homeland Youth Community Foundation Limited (the 'Foundation'). Membership of YO PLACE is governed by these terms and conditions ('Terms and Conditions') which are binding on all classes of members (collectively, the 'Affiliates') including both 'YO PLACE Members' and 'YO PLACE Friends'. By completing and submitting an application form, applicants/Affiliates agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions set forth herein and any amendments to be made from time to time.
All applicants / Affiliates should read the following terms carefully. Once the membership account is activated, the relevant applicant / Affiliate shall be deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
YO PLACE membership only accepts individual applications. There are two types of membership, namely YO PLACE Members and YO PLACE Friends.
Application Guide and Eligibility
YO PLACE Members
- Hong Kong residents aged 16-45 (both inclusive) can apply to become YO PLACE Members.
- All applicants should fill in their application online. Repeated submissions will not be accepted.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18 or is currently enrolled in a full-time secondary school or university course, student ID number must be provided.
- Applicants should provide true, accurate, valid and complete information.
- If YO PLACE Members apply for any job position through YO PLACE, the Foundation may transfer their personal information to the relevant employer for follow-up and contact.
- YO PLACE Members should comply with the instructions, terms and conditions provided by the Foundation from time to time.
- Applicants should read and agree to the Terms and Conditions before submitting the application.
- Hong Kong residents aged 18-45 (both inclusive) who apply through Bank of China (Hong Kong) for the Greater Bay Area Youth Card, a co-branded UnionPay card launched by the Bank of China (Hong Kong) and the Foundation, may at the same time apply to become a YO PLACE Member.
- All applications for membership shall be subject to the approval of the Foundation. The Foundation may reject the application at its absolute discretion and without giving any reason therefor.
YO PLACE Friends
- YO PLACE Members who are 46 years old or above will have their membership automatically changed to YO PLACE Friends. YO PLACE Members who do not want to become YO PLACE Friends can apply for withdrawal by email to email@example.com.
- Hong Kong residents aged 46 years old or above who apply through Bank of China (Hong Kong) for the Greater Bay Area Youth Card, a co-branded UnionPay card launched by the Bank of China (Hong Kong) and the Foundation, may at the same time apply to become a YO PLACE Friend.
- Except for the above two ways, the Foundation does not accept applications from others to become YO PLACE Friends.
- YO PLACE Friends should comply with the instructions, terms and conditions provided by the Foundation from time to time.
YO PLACE Members
- Guided by the Foundation’s mission 'For Our Youth For Our Future', YO PLACE was established to provide YO PLACE Members with information on studies, career and entrepreneurship in the Greater Bay Area, youth activities, and e-newsletters which are regularly published.
- YO PLACE Members can browse the job vacancies in the cities of the Greater Bay Area provided and apply for jobs on YO PLACE website.
- YO PLACE Members can book multimedia facilities at YO PLACE venue and join / participate in various types of activities, workshops, seminars and exchange study tours organised by the Foundation. YO PLACE Members shall comply with the terms published by YO PLACE from time to time in respect of the use of such facilities and/or participation in such activities.
- YO PLACE Members can apply for a co-branded UnionPay card launched by the Foundation in cooperation with Bank of China (Hong Kong) to enjoy the unique Greater Bay Area sponsorship programmes, merchant offers, and related convenient services provided by the Foundation and the bank. The details of all offers are subject to the latest terms of the relevant offer issued from time to time. The Foundation is not responsible for the preferential services provided. In case of any dispute, the Foundation reserves the right of final decision. The bank is responsible for the final approval of the co-branded card.
YO PLACE Friends
- YO PLACE Friends can log on to the YO PLACE website to browse the information related to studies, career and entrepreneurship in the Greater Bay Area. However, they cannot enjoy other privileges of YO PLACE Members such as participating in various activities and sponsorship programmes, booking venue, and applying for jobs in the Greater Bay Area offered on the YO PLACE website.
- YO PLACE Friends can apply for a co-branded UnionPay card launched by the Foundation in cooperation with Bank of China (Hong Kong) to enjoy the multiple merchant discounts and related convenient support services provided by the bank to all cardholders, but excluding the 'Bay Area Experience' Sponsorship Programme provided by the Foundation for YO PLACE Members. The details of all bank offers are subject to the latest terms of the relevant offer issued from time to time. The Foundation is not responsible for the preferential services provided. In case of any dispute, the Foundation reserves the right of final decision. The bank is responsible for the final approval of the co-branded card.
Change of Personal Information
If Affiliates want to change their email address or year of birth, they must notify YO PLACE via email (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit YO PLACE in person to notify the relevant person in charge.
Alteration of Terms and Conditions
The Foundation shall have the absolute discretion to amend the Terms and Conditions from time to time and will notify the Affiliates of any alterations made via appropriate channels as it deems appropriate. For the avoidance of doubt, the Foundation may elect to post the new Terms and Conditions solely on the website of YO PLACE.
Continued use of YO PLACE by an Affiliate will be deemed acceptance of any amendment to these Terms and Conditions and all Affiliates will be bound by such amendments unless he or she informs the Foundation to withdraw his/her membership before the effective date of the amendment.
Withdrawal of Membership
Any Affiliate who wishes to withdraw his/her membership shall give the Foundation at least seven (7) working days' advance notice in writing to that effect.
Revocation of Membership
The Foundation may revoke an Affiliate's membership if it considers that the Affiliate has behaved in any way injurious to YO PLACE or the Foundation, or contrary to the interests of YO PLACE or the Foundation, or has breached these Terms and Conditions, or has been declared bankrupt or passed away. The decision of the Foundation shall be final and conclusive.
An Affiliate whose membership has been revoked shall cease to have any right, benefit or privilege of the membership and shall no longer have any right to receive and enjoy the facilities and services provided by YO PLACE.
Notwithstanding anything contained in these Terms and Conditions, the Foundation reserves the right to forthwith terminate, revoke or suspend the membership of any Affiliate at any time at its absolute discretion without giving any prior notice, reasons and compensation to such Affiliate. The Foundation shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting therefrom to any party in any event.
Termination of Operation of YO PLACE
The Foundation shall have the right at any time at its absolute discretion without providing any reason to terminate the operation of YO PLACE. Upon the termination of the operation of YO PLACE, all rights and privileges of the Affiliates shall cease and no claim or demand of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising shall be made or capable of being made by Affiliates against YO PLACE, the Foundation or the management or any staff member or officer of YO PLACE or the Foundation in connection with the termination of the operation of YO PLACE.
Limitation of Liability
All benefits and services of YO PLACE are subject to availability and may be changed at any time without notice. The benefits that Affiliates can receive from or through YO PLACE may contain services supplied by third parties. The use of such services shall be at the Affiliates' own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all information, content, materials and/or services provided by YO PLACE are provided 'as is', and all express or implied conditions or warranties are excluded.
Without limiting the foregoing, YO PLACE and the Foundation make no representations, undertakings or warranties:
(a) as to accuracy, completeness, currency, quality, or fitness for purpose in relation to any information, content, materials and/or services provided;
(b) that the website of YO PLACE will be error-free, secure, timely or available.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, YO PLACE, the Foundation, and any of their staff members or officers shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever to any Affiliate or any other person for any direct, indirect, special, exemplary, punitive, incidental or consequential loss or damage or expense of any kind, whether based on contract, tort or otherwise which arise out of or are in any way connected with any membership of YO PLACE.
Right to Interpret
The right to interpret these Terms and Conditions is vested in the Foundation. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Foundation shall be final and binding on all parties concerned.
The collection, use, transfer, processing, retention and maintenance of the Affiliates’ personal data is subject to the Personal Data (Privacy) Policy of YO PLACE and the Foundation. By submitting the membership application form, the applicant / Affiliate acknowledges to have read and agreed to the Personal Data (Privacy) Policy of YO PLACE and the Foundation.
YO PLACE may use the Affiliate’s name and contact information from time to time to provide the Affiliate with the latest information on our services / membership programme. The Affiliate’s consent (or indication of no objection) is required before we may do so. If the Affiliate does not wish to receive promotional information of services from YO PLACE, the Affiliate can login to our website, or email us via email@example.com to make the relevant request. In accordance with the statutory requirements, the Foundation and YO PLACE will honour the Affiliate’s request not to use the Affiliate’s personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
A failure or delay by YO PLACE or the Foundation to exercise any right or act upon a breach under these Terms and Conditions will not be a waiver of that right or breach. Any waiver by YO PLACE or the Foundation of breach of any specific term will not constitute a waiver of breach of other terms or a waiver of any prior or subsequent breach of the same term. All such waiver shall be in writing.
If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, it will be severed and the remaining terms will continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been made without the invalid, illegal or unenforceable term.
Third Parties’ Rights
The membership under these Terms and Conditions is personal to the relevant Affiliate and is not transferable. The Foundation may transfer its rights or obligations to any third party without any Affiliates’ consent. No other party (other than a group company of the Foundation, or the staff members or officers of the Foundation or YO PLACE) has any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Chapter 623, the Laws of Hong Kong) to enforce these Terms and Conditions and all other terms and conditions applicable to YO PLACE.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in all respects according to the laws of Hong Kong. The parties irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts as regards any proceeding, claim, dispute or matter arising (or which may arise) out of or in connection with or relating to these Terms and Conditions.
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.